Celebrating God’s Grace, Part 4
1 Peter 4:7-11
We celebrate by using our gifts for the good of others and the glory of God.
Live sensibly. (7)
Love eagerly. (8-9)
Serve gracefully. (10-11)
ARE YOU A GOOD STEWARD OF THE GRACE GOD HAS GIVEN YOU?
For the Next Lesson: 1 Peter 4:7-11
1. Warm-up. Do you often think of life as brief? Why or why not? What do you think would change in your life if you kept the brevity of life in mind?
2. Read verse 7. What are the two commands in this verse? Why are these two commands given? What should happen as a result of following these commands?
3. Read verse 8. What command is given in this verse? How would you describe the importance of this command? How does following this command cover “a multitude of sins”?
4. Read verse 9. What command is given in this verse? What does this look like in practical, everyday life? Why do you think the words “without grumbling” are included?
5. Read verse 10-11. What has each of us as Christians received from God? How do these verses describe this gift? How should we use this gift? What is the two-fold purpose of this gift?
6. So what. Why should the brevity of life on this earth encourage us to live out the commands in these verses? Which of the commands do you need to embrace more? How so? Would you describe your life as others-focused, God-focused or self-focused? Are you satisfied with your focus in life? Why or why not?